1. If your publisher is a traditional publisher, be sure to submit it for Published And Listed (PAL) status on the SCBWI page. More info can be found at https://www.scbwi.org/pal-publishers/.
2. SCBWI Bulletin is only printing news of AWARDS, so be sure to share that news if it applies to your book(s). That includes notices that your book has been named to State Book lists, content area Notable lists, NCTE, etc. It is possible that your category will not be included, but let them decide and give your work a chance to gain that attention in the Bulletin.
3. Participation in the annual BOOKSTOP promotion and the various SCBWI promotions takes the place of the previous Bulletin printing, but it is up to you as an author or illustrator to submit your own work. These are major benefits of membership, and we urge you to engage with them.
4. It is also your individual responsibility to submit your books for various SCBWI awards and ask your publisher/marketer about submitting suitable titles to various organizations and state and other recommendation lists. Good luck!
5. Reminder: Our Social Media Coordinator, Liza Weimer, can share your news on social media, but it is up to you to let her know about your launch events, appearances, and other good news. Give her some lead time whenever possible. Also, Liza has designated GOOD NEWS TUESDAYS on our Facebook site, and invites everyone to share good news.
6. Be sure to watch your email, Facebook, listserv, and monthly SCBWI email newsletter notices for news on how to be included in our SCBWI-Wisconsin PAL Release Flyers and take full advantage of the free service to maximize your book’s launch.
Thanks, and congratulations on your publishing success!
Sandy Brehl, PAL Coordinator